Advance Placement Scheme (APS)

The Advance Placement Scheme (APS) for Foreign Domestic Workers (FDWs) is a scheme facilitated by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) to enable faster placement and better matching of FDWs for employers with care giving needs.

As these FDWs are already in Singapore, employers can conduct face-to face interviews with prospective FDWs to facilitate better matching. These FDWs can also be deployed to the households within a few days.

Unlike the normal FDW placement, selected suitable FDWs approved by MOM will be brought into Singapore without the need to secure an employer first.

Hiring a first-time foreign domestic worker (FDW) may take an average of 4-6 weeks to apply for the work permit, handle all the formalities before you can bring her home and get started on her duties.  If you need help as quickly as possible, it can be a frustrating and stressful wait-out.


Who Is Eligible For The Advance Placement Scheme?

To qualify for APS, you need to be eligible for the FDW Concessionary Levy scheme.

You can get levy concession if you are an elderly person who wishes to hire a foreign domestic worker (FDW). You can also qualify if you are hiring a FDW to care for a child, elderly person, or person with a medical condition who needs help with at least 1 activity of daily living (ADL), living at the same registered address as you.

As an employer of an FDW, you may be eligible for the concessionary levy rate of $60 per month:

  • If you have a Singapore citizen child or grandchild below the age of 16 living with you
  • If you or your spouse is a Singapore citizen, aged 65 years or above living at the same registered address
  • If you or your spouse has a parent, parent-in-law, grandparent or grandparent-in-law who is a Singaporean citizen aged 65 years or above living with you.
  • If you or your family member has a medical condition and needs permanent help in at least 1 activity of daily living (ADL) e.g. showering, feeding, dressing or toileting.


Want To Hire An APS FDW?

In addition to APS, you can apply for other supportive programs such as the Home Caregiving Grant, Joint Income or Sponsorship Scheme which will assist you throughout your journey as a domestic helper employer.

For more information on APS domestic helpers, feel free to contact 24X7MIADS for assistance. As one of the pioneer participating employment agency under APS, we can lend a hand to source for your helper at a faster rate, especially for households who urgently need the extra assistance.